Xperia Z2 is one of the Sony's flagship Android smartphone and a solid upgrade to its predecessor, the Xperia Z1. However, overall the changes between the two models are more evolutionary than revolutionary. At 5.2 inches, the Z2's 1080p display is slightly larger than the Z1's 5-inch screen and so are the dimensions, but overall the design with front and back glass panels encased in an aluminium frame hasn't changed. The new model is also still waterproof and dust-resistant to the same standards as the Z1 (IP55 & IP58).
With a 20.7 MP 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor on paper the camera specifications look identical to the Z1's but the new model is now capable of recording 4K video. New software features include TimeShift video that allows you to slow down portions of a video and Background Defocus which simulates a shallow depth of field by capturing a series of images at different focus settings and blending them.
Even though the phone has got amazing specifications there are still some advantages of rooting this, some of them being:
1. Titanium backup.
2. Nandroid Backup.
3. Debloat the ROM with stuff you do not desire using ROMCleaner.
5. Flashing mods like increased in-call volume, increased brightness, interface customization etc.
6. Raise the read ahead values to load up apps, webpages, and other stuff faster.
7. Overclock for performance or under volt the kernel to save power.
8. Getting Pure Android UI by flashing new ROMS.
9. Getting unlimited coins, gold etc. in games.
You can check some of the tweaks & apps after rooting onto our YouTube Channel ELITEXTREMEZ.
Android Rooting will void phone's warranty. We are not responsible for any damage or data loss caused to your phone. Do it on your own risk.
Make sure your phone is charged 70% at least.
Back up all your phone data. Don't use Sony PC Suite to back up your data as it may not help you to restore the data.
Follow these steps:1. Enable USB Debugging Mode in your device. To do so, go on to your device Settings and then Click on Wireless and Network option, then Select Development option and then click USB Debugging Mode to enable it.
2. Install Sony USB Drivers in your computer & ensure that the antivirus application in both your device and computer is disabled.
3. Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip. Then, transfer UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip to your device’s memory via USB Cable and disconnect the device after transferring the file.
4. Now, switch-off your device so that it can enter into the recovery mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume down and Volume Up button..
5. Next, select the option Install Zip from SD card and select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip that you have transferred from your computer to the device’s memory in Step 3. The rooting process will begin automatically and it will take around 4-5 minutes to get completed.
6. Once it is completed, select the go back option and select reboot in normal mode for rebooting your device normally.
If you find Super SU or Super User app in your phone's app drawer that means that your phone is rooted!!