1. Enable USB debugging mode (Menu (app drawer) > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check the box)
2. Download & install Samsung Kies in your pc. (for drivers) (but don't open it while doing the rooting process)
3. Download CWM Recovery, Odin, Super SU & only extract Odin folder from Odin.zip. Keep SuperSU-v0.96.zip in your sd card.
4. Switch Off your phone then boot your phone into Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home button together till you see the Android Construction logo. Press Volume up to confirm.
5. Now open “Odin.exe” as administrator (from extracted folder) and connect your phone via USB cable to PC. If your phone is connected successfully then one of the ID:COM boxes in Odin will turn yellow. 6. Click on “PDA” button and select file “recovery.tar” (from the download files)
7. Make sure that only F. Reset time is checked and Uncheck Auto Reboot.
8. Now, click on the Start button in Odin to start the installation process. When the installation process is completed you will see the “PASS” message in Odin, remove your phone USB & remove the battery and keep it back after a few seconds. 9. Now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Volume down + Home button + Power button together. You are in recovery mode now. (Use Volume up & down buttons for scrolling, home button to Select an option & lock button to go back)
10. Select “Install zip from sd card” and select "Choose zip from sd card". Now select SuperSU-v0.96.zip then select "Yes-Install". Go back to the first screen in recovery mode & select "reboot system now". If the Super SU app appears in app drawer that means your phone is rooted!!