GALAXY GRAND DUOS
Galaxy Grand Duos is one of the most affordable phones out there that provide a good smartphone experience. It comes equipped with a 5 inch screen with a 480 x 800 pixel screen display, mostly providing a fairly decent image quality. The screen however is not HD. It runs on a Samsung Dual Core processor and has fast processing speeds of 1.2GHz, meaning that the phone isn’t completely lag proof, but is subjected to this condition quite rarely. The galaxy Grand Duos comes with a worthwile back camera capable of recording 1080 pi videos and a 2 Megapixel front camera for video calling. It has a batter life of 2100 mAh lasting up to an average of 10 hours and comes in three variants.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has several advantages, mainly accessibility features. Some of them being:
1. Titanium backup
2. Debloat the ROM with stuff you do not desire using ROMCleaner
4. Flashing mods like increased in-call volume, increased brightness, interface customization etc.
5. Overclock for performance or under volt the kernel to save power.
6. Getting rid of the Samsung Wiz UI, improving overall performance.
You can check some of the tweaks & apps after rooting this phone on our youtube channel ELITEXTREMEZ.
Android Rooting will void phone's warranty. We are not responsible for any damage or data loss caused to your phone. Do it on your own risk.
Make sure your phone is charged 70% at least.
Back up all your phone data.
Follow these steps:
1. Install Kies for usb drivers (but don't open it while doing this process)
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone [Settings>> Developer options >> check USB Debugging Mode.]
3. Download CWM Recovery, Odin, Super SU & move update-supersu-v1.65.zip to your phone external sd card.
5. Connect the phone to the computer via USB cable while it is in Download Mode & open Odin3 v3.04.exe as administrator. Wait until Odin detects the device. When it is connected successfully, an Added message will appear under Odin's message box. Additionally, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with COM port number indicating successful connection.
6. Now click the PDA button and select recovery_20131212.tar file.
7. Uncheck Auto Reboot and only F.Reset Time should be checked.
8. Hit Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take a few minutes to complete.
9. When the installation process is completed, unplug the USB cable & remove the battery & keep it back after few seconds.
10. Turn off the phone and boot into CWM recovery by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together.
[Note: In recovery mode use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option]
11. Now select install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from /storage/sdcard1. Now select update-supersu-v1.65.zip & then select Yes.
12. When the installation process is completed, return to the recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now.